It was not just another day in my otherwise hectic life when I got a mail from Blogadda . It spoke about an opportunity to shop on Quikr for items worth 5ooo and the best part was that the amount would be refunded to me. The only thing I had to do was to blog about the experience of shopping on Quikr.
I was too excited and enrolled for this competition on Blogadda portal.
I was aware that there will be hundreds of other bloggers who would have been invited for this competition and it would be very difficult for me to get shortlisted. I had almost forgotten about this mail but after few days I saw this mail in my inbox.
I couldn’t believe my luck that I was among the chosen few for this “Sponsored Shopping “. I had never shopped before on Quikr though I had created my account few months back. I had known so far that Quikr is used for selling and buying any item by common people like us. With the budget and list of items in mind I logged into Quikr
There were various categories available to search for.There are whole range of items available on Quikr to shop from like mobile phones, tablets,Television sets, washing machines, refrigerators, AC, chairs , beds, car , bikes, cooker, utensils, crockery etc.The best part is that the prices are in all the range keeping in mind of various category of buyers.
So far I had an impression that Quikr is used to sell only used and second hand items. But I was educated by team Blogadda that there is option to buy new items also.This further excited me. I wanted to gift a tablet to my wife which she had been demanding me for quite some time.
I selected for the category – Mobiles & Tablets .
On the left side there were various options like brand name, price range etc. I selected the option to buy a new item.
This helped in refining the search and gave me list of new tablets on sale.I browsed through the page and zeroed for an ad posted by a seller.It was mentioned that it was brand new Lenovo tablet which was unsealed having original bill.
I immediately contacted the seller on the phone number provided in the ad.I inquired if the tablet was new which he confirmed that he had bought recently through an online retailer. After answering all my doubts I was convinced that the product was genuine. I took the address from seller and headed for his home. I stay in Noida and seller was around 5km from my house which was just 20 min ride from my place.
I reached his home and saw that product was indeed genuine and was still packed. The seal of the packing was not even removed and he presented me the bill of the same.As per my habit I bargained with him and he agreed to sell the tablet for rs 5000 which was priced at rs5200 on the portal. I made the payment in cash to him and returned home with a steal deal. Below are few pics of the tablet packed in the box.
Below are the photos of the tablet held by my wife.
It was a wonderful shopping experience on Quikr.There are certain good and bad experience in my shopping experience.
- Uploading of pics should be mandatory for sellers so that it becomes easy for buyers to finalize a product.
- Once the item has been sold , the same needs to be updated on the portal to avoid unnecessary trouble to both buyer and seller.
- A rating provision should be made for the both the parties, so that other people will have better experience.
- Some people gave wrong quotes in the ad, this needs to be verified by the portal. It my attract buyers initially but overall experience of shopping will be poor.
- Mechanism should be in place to verify that the items sold are genuine and they are not stolen or fraud.
- There was lot of interaction which happen via phone, whatsapp,sms etc with buyers and sellers. Quikr can come up with an idea of instant messenger to make a provision of buyer and seller to communicate through it.
- There can be provision of certified seller or buyer by the portal which will help us in comfortable shopping experience.
- Feedback should be taken from both parties once the transaction is completed about the experience each of them had so that improvements can be done.
- There should be a provision to share the ads on common social media platforms like twitter, facebook etc. This will not only help buyers & sellers but also Quikr for better marketing of itself. Social media is a very strong and influential platform.
I had never imagined that being a blogger I will be given privilege to buy items and the money will be sponsored by someone else. But this time I had the experienced myself and am delighted about it. I would like to thank Blogadda and Quikr for this wonderful shopping experience.