As more and more people are becoming health conscious there is an ongoing debate about the food habits of people, especially which is a better kind of lifestyle – vegetarian or non-vegetarian. I would like to highlight below the benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
- A vegetarian has less risk associated with heart ailments. It has been proved by various researches that vegetable fat is good to heart as compared to animal fat thus lowering risks of various heart diseases.
- A vegetarian diet helps keep obesity in check .Normally vegetarians don’t tend to have binge eating habits and also veg food helps reduce excess fat from the body.
- Vegetarian food also helps in controlling strokes.
- Vegetarian food helps fulfill all the nutritional food requirements of the body. Thus there is no dependency on additional supplement or supplement from animal extracts. This also helps prevention from various kinds of side effects.
- Vegetarian foods helps in prevention of various kinds of cancer and other diseases.
- Veg food prevents kidney stones.
- It helps in keeping your mood fresh and calm. It is often said in Hindu scriptures that vegetarian food is satvik in nature which means it is pious and thus helps in keeping mind calm and composed.
- Reduces blood pressure. A vegetarian person normally has normal blood pressure as compared to a persons having non veg as major portion of their diets
- It helps prevent diabetes.
- It helps prevent cancer.
- Being veg is being considerate towards other living beings you are saving few lives which would have been otherwise culled to satiate your taste buds.
So you can see the benefits of being vegetarian is multifold.