I was born and brought up in Uttar Pradesh and my native place is in one of the badlands infected by crime. Since I have stayed in remotest of places as well as in city/metro I am sharing from my personal experience. I have no intention to be politically correct, I am writing what I feel.
UP has everything wrong which you can imagine in terms of law & order. Goons & mafia have ruled this state for decades under the patronage of politicians. No one has remained unaffected by these. Be it markets, industries, colleges, universities, farmers, businessmen, or employees.
- Businessmen have always lived in fear, selling off properties and businesses at dirt cheap prices to avoid ransom, murder or abduction.
- Farmers saw their land captured by mafia or so called bahubalis. Their agricultural produce , cows, buffaloes etc. taken away by force at gunpoint.
- Murder and kidnapping was very common if you are rich or your father is a government employee with decent income.
- There were areas where you cannot travel after sunset, otherwise you will be looted.
- There were areas where even police feared to enter since it was ruled by criminals and mafia.
- Illegal weapons factory was thriving in the state and it was very common to see even 10-14 year old kids carrying or playing with guns.
- Colleges and universities were infested with politics and crime, often resulting in criminals of futures. Students fight often resulted in gang wars.
The list is endless, let’s keep the details for some other day.
Coming back to the point why Vikas Dubey was killed :
- Once it was known that Vikas Dubey was responsible for the death of 8 police personnel.. His days on earth were numbered .One thing is for sure , our police force is close knit family and if you kill a policemen, it will be avenged ,even at the cost of getting suspended. And this is not just the UP police, but police anywhere in the world. Cop killers do not live. Simple!!
- He knew too much to be alive .He had connections with politicians & bureaucrats. All of them would not have wanted him to open his mouth or come in front of media to expose them. So silencing him by encounter was the only way to save their assess.
- Judiciary in India has lost trust of common people. If he was in put in jail , he would have continued his activities across the state through his gang. And soon would be out on bail, since all witnesses would turn hostile in court. The game of tareekh pe tareekh would have continued for next 25 yrs till his natural death.
- In next elections , some political party would have given him a ticket to fight elections and he would be either an MP or MLA . The policemen who are after his life today would be giving him protection and saluting him. Just imagine how would it feel ?
- Police moral had to be restored by doing his encounter , which had taken a beating after death of 8 policemen.
One may ask how come such criminals continue to grow in stature and power ? So let me tell you what happens when there is change of government in UP.
When BSP comes to power, everyone knows, police officials will be transferred and will be kept on leash. Transfer posting is multi-million dollar industry in UP. The police stations and chowkis have to provide fixed amount of money each month to party fund .
When SP comes to power , kidnapping, ransom, land grabbing will mushroom like an organized industry,of course run under the patronage of politicians.
Vivek Dubey, Atique Ahmed, Raja Bhaiyaa, Tahir Husaain, Mukhtar Ansari’s are product of such system/political parties. They are brutal and fear no one.
To deal with such criminals one has to do something extra, using the rule-books against these very criminals in the very way in which criminals use to get away after each crime.
To drain the swamp one has to get into the swamp and obviously you will get dirty. Current government has given free hand to police to encounter such criminals and giving all backup to do so. To deal with such hard core criminals and gunda , one has to be a bigger gunda. Yogi has time and again proved that for criminals he is the bigger gunda. Let me say this dialogue on behalf of Yogi Adityanath ” Ek rajya mein sirf ek hi gunda ho sakta hai, aur is rajya ka gunda mein hun “
I support what UP police has done. The script & execution of encounter could have been better but is good enough to get away during magistrate inquiry.At the end of the day , what matters is an ASUR has been killed and people can heave a sigh of relief.
Your friend says
No dude… What you are actually saying is that we don’t need the third pillar of democracy (Judiciary) and let Police decide what punishment to give. Next time if you see a cop slapping someone on the road because the cop thinks he is right and he can do a shortcut of decision making, or god forbid that happens to you or anyone you care; remember your blog and support to what police is doing.