In the digital age where gadgets have become an essential part of our lives, the importance of a laptop is indispensable. Though most of us perform a lot of our tasks using mobile phones, but role of a laptop cannot be undermined. We still require them for majority of tasks.
As a consumer one is in a fix while buying a laptop from the market which is flooded with various brands having different configurations. To help ease the problem a user must consider following features while buying any laptop:
- CPU : Most companies try to sell the laptops with latest or higher version of processor which is mostly underutilized for a common user who just have to do surfing, access social sites, watch movies etc. i.e. basic usage.
- RAM: Random access memory is a type of memory a computer uses to do multiple tasks at the same time. Until one is performing very high computation and multiple tasks this is not a crucial requirement and lower RAM would suffice.
- Data storage: User needs to decide if he wants huge capacity to store movies, videos, pictures etc. or high-speed. Manufacturer’s specify RPM (revolutions per minute) which tells how fast the drive is.
- Screen Size: Laptops are available in varied screen sizes depending on usage. The screen sizes are available from anywhere less than 12 inches up to 17 inches.
- OS: Most of the laptops are available on windows OS. However, user can make choice if he wants mac or Linux, based on his preference and comfort level of usage.
- Weight: Frequent travelers might prefer a light laptop. Ultra-books and netbooks are one of the examples of such devices.
- Battery Backup: One of the critical factors for people on the move is battery backup. Options available for them is either 6 cell or 9 cell battery depending on usage and availability of electricity.
- Hardware: Laptops can be rigged enough to withstand rain & dust, water proof. Some can withstand even minor bumps.
The Market is flooded with choices and higher end laptops. But in a price sensitive market like India, most consumers want something cheap and durable. See this list of best laptop under 20000 that will help you with your buying decision. This collection has the best blend of all the features mentioned above.