Ever since results of Delhi assembly elections were declared and AAP’s stunning debut took entire political establishment and common mass by surprise there is one thing which I have been noticing about BJP and congress supporters. They are too scared, frustrated and annoyed. They are calling names and asking AAP to form government by taking support from corrupt party like congress.
But shouldn’t it be otherwise? Coalition is between those parties which have common thinking, ideologies, ways of working etc. And the two parties which fit exactly in these criteria are BJP and congress. They are the ones which should join hands to form a government in Delhi. Anyways under table they are already hand in glove in most of their activities.
As per constitution, BJP being the party with maximum seats should form the government .It seems 50 years old party needs to get lessons in constitution of India.
Now coming to the most important point. For all the questions asked to AAP fans “Why AAP or Arvind Kejriwal is not willing to take unconditional support from other parties to form government”, following are my views cum justification:
1) Man of principles: AK-47 is practicing what he preaches. Before elections he had clearly and loudly said “WE WILL NEITHER SUPPORT CONGRESS OR BJP“. Kejriwal is a man of words and will not get along with corrupt forces however much you may shout and crib.He is doing what he promised. He is not a power hungry guy who would deceive people’s promise once elected .
2) Mind Games : The two major parties are trying to act smart. BJP is preaching that AAP can take support from Congress, whereas Congress is preaching AAP to take support from BJP. Each of these parties were quite vocal that AAP is B team of their opponents. Now if AAP takes support (which it will not ) then they would say “See I told you so , its B team of Congress/BJP”. AAP understands this trap and will not fall for it.
3) New definition of politics: AAP in these elections and post results have set new definition in Indian politics. It is not only following a new and principled approach but also making other parties do the same. BJP copied lot of good ideas of AAP which it did not do in other state (Since there was no AAP there).By joining hands with other parties AAP cannot afford the slightest misstep in this regard, risking the tremendous goodwill that has brought it so close to power
4) Preventing horse trading : AAP candidates are honest , they are very difficult to be bought out by BJP. This fact is very well understood by BJP and this is the reason why a party which is known for horse trading and such calculations is refraining superficially from staking claim to form government. Past record of BJP proves the same when in UP , under Kalyan singh 113 MLAs were made ministers and they had coalition with BSP where they would rule/loot UP for 6 months in turns.But this time honest & principled approach of AAP is sending shivers for BJP even to vouch for AAP candidates. They might fear a sting may be made of the same.
5) Re election noise : Parties which spend 10-15 crores in a single rally, distribute liquor , money for elections are strangely showing how much they care about money spent on elections. They are crying hoarsely that reelection will be burden on public. But if you are not short sighted you will realize that its better to elect an honest government with a majority than to form a coalition which will be good for nothing. See the plight of government at the centre .
6) Difficult to implement policies : Even if Congress or BJP gives outside support it will be nearly impossible to get the bills like Janlokpal to be passed.There will always be trouble of proving majority.
7) BJP is shivering with fear : With a strong opposition like AAP , BJP knows very well that it will not be able to make money and loot people. The very purpose for which they are in politics will not be served that’s why are afraid to form government.
8) Strength of AAP displayed: Before elections most of the voters were in 2 states of mind. Many doubted whether AAP will be able to win 2-3 seats forget about gaining majority. Their confusion were exploited by likes of Sushma Swaraj and Modi who said not to waste their votes . Such confused people voted for BJP though they wanted to vote for APP. Now after the results they have realized,regret and now are firm in their mind that AAP not only has the potential but also capability to form the government.
The party which has been created,publicized and preaches about principles and integrity should keep its word if it needs to retain credibility in the long run !! Do you think the same ? Would love to hear your views.